University Level SSIP – IPR Committee
A. VC/Director/Head of University as Chairperson
1. VC/Director/Head of University as Chairperson1. Hon VC Prof. (Dr.) Navin Sheth
B. Industry Representatives and Subject Experts:
2. Mr. Padmin Buch - Honorary Director, Troikaa Pharmaceuticals Ltd., Project Management & IPR domain expert
3. Dr. Manish Rachchh – Director (R&D) & CEO Accuprec Research Labs Pvt. Ltd
4. Mr. Anil Pandey - Deputy Director & Head - IPFC - Confederation of Indian Industries (CII)
5. Mr. Alpesh Pathak – Global IP Head, Intas Pharmaceutical Ltd.
6. Mr. HarpreetSingh Banker – Fonder & Head Satguru IP Services, Patent Agent & Attorney
7. Mr. Vinay Pandya - Patent Agent & Attorney
8. Mr. Kirtikumar Patel - Founder and Managing Director at IPCalculus
C. University SSIP Coordinator – Member Secretary
9. Registrar, GTU - Prof. (Dr.) S. D. Panchal 9. Registrar, GTU - Prof. (Dr.) S. D. Panchal
10. Honorary Director, GTU Innovation Council – MR. Hiranmay Mahanta
11. University IPR Cell Coordinator – Mr. Amitkumar Patel
University may also invite other experts as and when needed.
GTU IPR Cell was constituted under the aegies of GTU Innovation Council (GIC) since 3rd September 2011. Since then it is one of the most dynamic cell of GTU and conducting various FDP and student facilitation programme. The objective of this cell is to make GTU family students and faculty aware about IPR and to hasten innovation at GTU and catalyse move from Research to Revenue.
Functions of GTU IPR Cell:
- To conduct awareness seminar/workshop and training program on “Patents and IPR” for faculty and students of GTU on regular basis round the year.
- To provide technical assistance to faculty and or students to carry out “Patent Search” of their requested field.
- To provide techno-legal assistance to faculty and or students to draft their patents and also filing of the patents.
- To provide assistance for “Technology Transfer” to faculty and or students, who have patents in their name and would like to commercialize it.
- To establish liaison with state level and central level patent assistance cell to provide different services at minimal charges.
- To establish liaison with Government and private Venture capital organization for effective sale out of patented invention.
- To establish liaison with Institute of IPR having International standard to provide “Continuous Education Program (CEP)” for all stake holders of the GTU.
- To establish liaison with WIPO, IPO and other Gov. Patent Offices for spreading awareness about key changes happening at various level to stakeholders.
Services to be offered by GTU IPR:
- Patent Awareness
- Patent Search
- Patent Drafting
- Patent Filing
- Technology Transfer
To know more About GTU Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) Cell.
Click on Download.
|Sr.NO||Type of new IPR initiative started by GTU||Month-Year of Starting||Total Events till August 2016||GTU No. of faculty/ students trained|
|1.||Basics of IPR, Patenting in Pharmaceuticals & Patenting in Engineering
Patent Search Methodology (PSM)
|2.||Patent Search Methodology (PSM)||July 2012||12||1915|
|3.||Patent Clinic (PC)||July 2013||33||3136|
|4.||Patent Search and Analysis Report (PSAR)||September 2013||07||646|
|5.||Patent Drafting Exercise (PDE)||February 2014||08||750|
|7.||PCT Patent Journal Analysis Activity||July 2014||02||80|
|8.||Post Graduate Diploma in IPR (PGDIPR) (One Year Off Campus Course)||September 2014& September 2015||02||50|
|9.||Patent Search & Technology Landscaping (PSTL)||June 2015||02||130|
|10.||Industrial Design Protection & Registration (IDPR)||July 2015||01||60|
|11.||Certificate course of IP Valuation & Management (IPMV)||Feb 2016||01||27|
|12.||Various other IPR activities at GIC Ahmedabad & Regional Centres||10||700|
Updated as on 01-09-2018